2008/09/06

英語日記:愛犬アンビの話

This is a story of our puppy 'Ambi'.


Ambi came to our place in April and she is from one of the GORI 's sister's friends. It's a female cattle dog cross. Gori and I named her 'Ambi'.  

The picture below was taken when she started to live with us.

ƒI[ƒXƒgƒ‰ƒŠƒA‰ÆŽü•Ó 012



Let me talk about her name.
Her name came from the color of her body,which is yellowish brown.
At first GORI  came up with this name' Amber'
It was OK with me, but it sounds a bit manly, doesn't it?
she is a girl so I thought it would be better if it was on more girlish side. So we made a little bit of change of the word ' Amber' and thought up 'Amby' but we didn't like it. In the end we settled with 'Ambi'. It sounds similar to 'Banbi', kind of cute, isn't it?



Ambi is about 10 months old now.
She  is pretty smart, she can sit , stay, shake, speak and also fetch a ball. she could fetch a ball even when she was 2months old so I think she is pretty quick at picking things up.

Well having said that,, I have to admit that she is a MISCHIEVOUS puppy too. She chews GORI's sandals and she poos everywhere in the front yard.( it's much better than in the house though^^;) 

Sometimes she runs and leaps like a maniac when she gets very excited and I am kind of frightened of it. Oh well, there is a good reason for it...Not a long ago, When I was walking outside, Ambi ran straight  into me from the back and I was totally knocked over and hit the head on the ground pretty hard!  It was a big shock and I got quite worried if I was ok. I had a bad pain like whiplash in the neck  for the next week but there was nothing more serious than that,  thank goodness!  She is still a puppy so she does't understand what she is doing.So I gotta say it was just bad luck. I hope she learns to control herself pretty soon. 


Well, Her behaviour  has been improving a lot  but we still have to keep training Ambi.We really expect her to be a great guard dog, you know. Because there are no locks on the doors of our house, which is very rare in Japan!


There surely are some problems with Ambi,but still she is soooo adorable! She is innocent and full of energy.Just looking at her playing with GORI makes me really happy (^^)

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you come back (^^)