2008/10/15

英語日記:足に激痛が!!

Hi everyone, how are you going?


I didn't make a new entry for 2 days,
actually, I couldn't get around to it.
The thing is, I have been suffering from a terrible pain in my left leg. 
It kept me from writing  my blog and even sitting in a chair! 

At first, I thought it was just  my usual backache. But it wasn't because the muscle in my thigh and calf got very sore and it was twitching a lot.  I even thought the muscle in my thigh would fall apart!  In the beginning, I didn't know what had caused these symptoms, so I guessed it's just coming from all the fatigue I had built up when I was working on the visa.   I know I pushed myself a bit too far around that time.  But soon after that, a new thought came to me; Wait a minute!  If my memory serves, I DID ride an exercise bike on the previous day!  That could be it!!

It was only 10 minutes exercise but I remember that I got some uneasy feelings in my legs when I was doing it. To make things worse, I didn't do any warm-up stretching before I started it. That's totally my bad.  

 Well, by the way, we bought the bike for 4 bucks at the recycle shop at the dump! it was a really good bargain! Seems like it had been outside for a long time so its handlebars were very rusty. So my partner took care of it and painted it shiny black! He also fixed the speed meter too! He is very good at fixing stuff. I was very happy with his job! 





Anyway, I tried to rest my legs as much as I could so that it would recover quickly. I was not sure that I should warm the muscle or ice it. So I tried both. I took a bath last night and looking back, I hadn't had a bath since I came to Australia! Can you believe it? No bath for almost a year!  There is a good reason for it, though. Well,  I live on a water tank and  we don't usually get much rain like you guys do in Japan.I knew I would feel guilty if I used our precious water for bathing. But this time,  it was exception, wasn't it?  I was in  A LOT OF PAIN!   I allowed myself to do it. After all, my health comes first, you know what I mean!  Anyway, I had a bath and it was soooo good and relaxing! I felt that I had missed out on  something very good for me, for a long time!

Now I think that the backache I get from time to time is coming from THIS reason, which is not having a bath!  I feel that my body is telling me that I need it. After all I AM Japanese and I LOVE to BATH!    Well, what do you think?

The muscle is still tight and a bit twitchy now but it feels better than yesterday.
I think it's finally on the mend. Thank goodness!



*********

ビザの申請が終わり,これからやっとブログと英語学習に専念できる! と
張り切ってたのに左足に激痛が(><)
一時はベッドから起きることすらできませんでしたがようやく回復してきました。

最初、この痛みの原因はビザの申請のときにかなり頑張ったので、
その疲れがどっと来たのかと思ってたんです。でもよ~く考えてみたところ、
痛くなる前日に、エクササイズバイクで運動してたんですね(^^;)
たった10分ぐらいだったんですけど、どうやらそれが悪かったみたい(^^;)
ちなみにそのバイク、ゴミ捨て場にあるリサイクルショップで4ドルで購入しました!



そうそう、昨日はお風呂に入りました☆


こっちに来てからと言うもの、
水不足のためにお風呂に入るのをあきらめてたんです。
でも 『筋肉を和らげるために!』 ってことで思い切って
入っちゃいました(^^)

やっぱりお風呂はいいですね~~~。気持ちよかったです。
週に1度ぐらいはお風呂に入るようにしたいですね。 
日本人ですもの、お風呂は大事です☆


今朝の足の状態は
まだ筋肉がピンと張った感じ&軽くピクピク痙攣してますが
こうやってイスに座ってブログも書けてるし、
回復に向かっています(^^) ほっ。




☆☆☆☆☆☆
ランキングに参加しています。
痛みに負けるな!頑張れよ!ってことで
ポチポチっと応援していただけると元気になります。